Photography by Tausha Ann Photo
Some of you have noticed that I've been on a guest post rampage the last few months.
It's helped me step up my game and I've enjoyed interacting with other readers. I obsess over my guest posts before I email the final product. Whether the blogger gave me a theme or not, I try to keep in mind the blog I'll take over for a day. That inevitably makes me write and edit even more thoroughly than usual. After all, I don't want anyone to regret having me!
Between June 30 and September 9, 2011, I've guest posted 10 times.
And you know what? Every single one of those opportunities fell into my lap.
Now I'd like to return the favor: I'm opening up HopefulLeigh for guest posts. (Commence clapping and cheering.) I'd love to have you take over my space for a day!
If you'd like to be featured, please pay attention to the following guidelines.
- Guest posts should fit into the following categories: what God is teaching you, grief/loss, singleness (especially if you have a funny story), leaps of faith, or cultivating creativity. If you have a different topic, please feel free to run it by me first. And, of course, there's the This Is How We Met series for those married at least one year. TIHWM submissions are currently closed.
- Submissions should be between 400-800 words.
- Your tone should strive to be friendly and diplomatic. I won't accept anything that comes across as negative, judgmental, or cynical. No profanity.
- I reserve the right to edit or reformat submissions to preserve clarity and readability.
- Original content only. It should not have been published previously on your own blog or elsewhere. You may feel free to link a small part on your blog the day it goes live.
- Add a short (40-50 word) bio at the end of your submission. Include any relevant links to your blog, Twitter, etc.
- Please also send a picture of yourself, as well as a picture that represents your submission. If the picture is not your own, please include where you found it for citing purposes.
- Please do not send your submission as an attachment. Please copy it into the body of an email and then send it on over to leighkramerblog (at) gmail (dot) com.
I may not accept all submissions but chances are good if you follow these guidelines. I will contact you once I've received and approved your piece.
I look forward to reading you!
Have you ever guest posted before?